What is Webroot Login?
Webroot is an advanced level security software that provides complete protection to both consumer and business devices. It is an efficient antivirus that focuses on removing viruses, malware and other online threats by regularly checking your device. With the help of Webroot antivirus, you can also protect your device from fraudulent websites and prevents downloading from untrusted websites. For using various features of Webroot antivirus, you must have a Webroot account and webroot software installed on your device. For that, go through the process of account creation and Webroot login followed by downloading and installation of the software. After that, you can provide a shield to your device with the Webroot antivirus.
Webroot account is a portal where you can view and manage the security status of your device. Your webroot account is needed for managing the security across multiple devices from a single location. Also, with the help of a single Webroot account, you can make purchases, review your subscription, backup your data, access various Webroot files, add devices and users, and much more. Hence, account creation and Webroot login are two important processes for using the ultimate protection by Webroot software.
How to Create a Webroot Account?
For creating a Webroot account, you must have a product keycode. You will get this keycode when you purchase the Webroot products. You can buy the Webroot Antivirus from the official website or from a retail shop or third party. After the purchase of the product, you will get the Webroot product keycode, which you will use at the time of account creation.
Along with this, make sure that you have an active internet connection. Then, you can start with the below-given process for creating your Webroot account.
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Then, visit the official website of Webroot. For this type “Webroot.com” in the address bar.
- In the next window, locate and click the “My Account” option. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the Webroot homepage.
- This will take you to the Webroot login page.
- Then, click the “Create Account” tab.
- Now, fill all the fields with the relevant information. The following information is required to be filled in their respective fields.
- Webroot Product Keycode: Enter the product keycode that you received at the time of purchase. You will find this code, either in the confirmation mail or at the back of the product box, depending on the mode of the purchase.
- Email Address: Enter a valid email address which you want to link with your Webroot account. This email address will further be used as the username for logging into your Webroot account.
- Repeat Email Address: Re-enter the email address that you have provided in the previous field.
- Password: Now, you are required to create a strong, unique and secure password.
The password that you create must have a minimum of 9 characters, where 6 should be alphabetic characters and 3 numeric characters. It can also include special characters (excluding < >).
While creating the password, make sure that the strength bar must show green color and show the password as “Strong”.
- Repeat Password: In the next field, retype your password for confirmation.
- Your Personal Security Code: Now, you will be asked to enter the personal security code for extra safety of your Webroot account.
This code can be a word or number with a minimum of 6 characters. Webroot might ask you to enter two characters of the code while you try logging into your Webroot account.
- Security Question: Now, select any of the security question from the drop-down menu. You will need this question for retrieving the information when you forgot your Webroot login credentials.
- Security Answer: Provide an easy to remember answer for the question that you have selected in the previous field.
- After filling all the information, Webroot suggest you to read the policy documents. This will help in avoiding future complications.
For reading the documents, click “Privacy Statement”, “Webroot terms of service”, and “License Agreement” links respectively from the bottom of the screen. Read the documents carefully and move further with the next step.
- Finally, click the “Register Now” tab.
- Now, you will get a verification mail on the registered email address.
- Open the mail you have received.
- Click the link provided in the mail.
- If prompted, then enter the two characters of the security code which you have created above. Then, click the “Confirm Registration Now” button.
- This will successfully verify your Webroot account.
A Complete Guide
After successfully creating the Webroot account, the next step of the procedure is of Webroot login. You can log in to your Webroot account by following the given process.
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Now, move to the official website of Webroot Antivirus.
- From the homepage, click the “My Account” option. You will get this option on the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the Webroot login window, you have to enter all the required information in their respective fields. Firstly, enter the email address which is linked with your Webroot account. You can also use your phone number if you have registered your account from a mobile device.
- Next, you have to provide the password which you have created at the time of creating your Webroot account.
- After that, read the “Privacy Statement”, “Webroot terms of service”, and “License Agreement” by clicking their respective links. You will get these links at the bottom of the Webroot login page.
- Finally, click “Login”.
Webroot Login Troubleshooting Procedure
Many a time, Webroot shows the Webroot login error. This error can occur due to several reasons. The most common reason behind this error is using an incorrect login credentials. Hence, if you get a login error, you must check the Webroot login credentials that you have entered. Since Webroot login password is case-sensitive. So, be very careful while you enter the password. After checking the login credentials, make sure that you have an active internet connection.
If even after that, you are still getting the Webroot login error or if you have forgotten your password, then follow the below-given procedure carefully.
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Now, access the official website of Webroot antivirus.
- Then, click the “My Account” option from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the login window, tap the “Forgotten Password” option. You will locate this option just above the Password field.
- After that, you have to select the desired option from “I Forgot My Password” or “I Forgot My Security Code”.
- Then, you are required to provide the email address which you have used while creating your account. You can also enter the phone number if you have logged in from your mobile device.
- Now, click the “Submit” button.
- If after entering the email address, you get the message stating, “Your account has not been activated,” then you have to click the “Resend Email” tab. This will send you the mail for verifying your account. Go to the mail and click the link provided in it. This will verify your account. Now, you can again try logging into your account.
- If the error message states, “Error(UPW003)”. It means that the email that you have entered does not exist in the system. Hence, check the email that you have entered.
- After that, you have to answer the security question which you have selected at the time of creating your account. While entering the answer, make sure that it is case-sensitive.
- Then, click the “Submit” option.
- Now, you will receive a mail for resetting your password or security code, as per your selection.
- Open the mail you have received.
- After that, click the link provided in the mail.
- Then, create a new password or security code. Make sure you create a unique password or code.
- Now, save the new password or security code.
Once this is done, you can now use the new Webroot login credential for logging into your account.
After creating and Logging into your Webroot account, the next step is to download and install the Webroot antivirus product that you have purchased. Following is the step by step guide given for error free download and installation of your software.
- First of all, visit the official website of Webroot Antivirus.
- Now, follow the Webroot login procedure and move to your Webroot account.
- Now, on your Webroot account, you will get the download link for the product that you have purchased.
- Click that download link.
- This will start the download of Webroot antivirus on your device.
➥ Installation for Windows
- Firstly, open the “downloads folder” and double-click the downloaded setup file.
- If prompted then, click the “yes” button for allowing the program to make changes in your computer.
- In the next window, enter your product keycode in the required field.
- Then, click the “Agree and Install” option.
- After that, enter your email id and click “Continue”.
- This will begin the installation process.
- Now, wait as it will take some time to complete the process.
- Finally, restart your system.
➥ Installation for Mac
- Firstly, open the Downloads folder.
- Next, double click the downloaded setup file.
- Now, you have to drag the webroot icon into the application folder.
- Then, open the “application folder” and double-click the webroot icon.
- In the next window, select the desired “language”.
- After that, enter your “Product Keycode”.
- Then, click “Agree and Install”.
- Now, enter the email id which is linked with your webroot’s account.
- Further, click “Continue”.
- If prompted then confirm the installation process by entering your Mac administrator user Id and password and click “ok”.
This will complete the installation and activation of your Webroot antivirus. Now, you can use the software for protecting your device against various viruses.